Sex therapy supervisor
Dr. Eli Mayer's Credentials
- AASECT Certified Sex Therapist and Sex Therapy Supervisor
- Clinical Supervisor (Adjunct to the faculty) - Yeshiva University Clinical Psychology Doctoral Program
- National Register Health Service Psychologist - Credential #51873
- Over 25 years practicing as a licensed Clinical Psychologist
- Clinical Professor in Psychiatry - NYU Langone Medical Center 2011-2018
1987 - PSY.D. - Clinical Psychology, Ferkauf Graduate School, Yeshiva University
1984 - M.A. - Psychology, Ferkauf Graduate School, Yeshiva University
1980 - B.A. - Psychology, Bernard Baruch College
1987 - present: Private Practice (26 W 9th St, NYC) serving adult and adolescent population. Long and short term psychodynamically oriented psychotherapy, and sex therapy for individuals and couples. Specializing in gay and lesbian issues, AIDS and HIV infection.
1988 - 1994: Associate Psychologist - South Beach Psychiatric Center, Staten Island, NY. Responsible for supervision of unit psychologists, individual and family therapy, psychological testing and disposition planning on an acute, inpatient psychiatric unit.
1986 - 1987: Psychologist, Prison Health Services, Riker's Island, NY. Responsible for evaluation and treatment of incarcerated men who manifest psychiatric disorders while in jail, assignment of cases, testing, consultation with court officials, and discharge planning as required.
- Psychology Intern, Kings County Hospital, Brooklyn, NY
- Clinical Assistant Instructor, SUNY, Health Science Center, Brooklyn, NY
- Outpatient Responsibilities: Long-term and brief psychodynamically oriented psychotherapy to adult and child patients, behavioral oriented sex therapy and psychodiagnostic testing. Initial screening, evaluation and crisis intervention in both psychiatric emergency room and adult outpatient clinic. Assessment of forensic population for competency, aid to sentencing and insanity defense.
- Inpatient Responsibilities: Intensive individual psychotherapy and family therapy, psychodiagnostic evaluation, treatment and discharge planning of civil and forensic populations.
1984 - 1985: Clinical Assistant Instructor, Downstate Medical Center, SUNY. Psychodynamically oriented psychotherapy to adult and adolescent outpatients; testing and evaluation of acute inpatients, co-therapist of inpatient group, daily psychotherapy for acute inpatients, data collection for departmental research.
1984 - 1986: Neuropsychological Examiner, Head Trauma Research Project, NYU Medical Center, Institute of Rehabilitative Medicine. Neuropsychological evaluation of patients with severe head trauma.
1983 - 1984: Psychology Extern, Montefiore Hospital, Division of Psychiatry. Psychodynamically oriented psychotherapy to adult and child outpatient families, testing and evaluation of children and adults.
2011 - 2018: Clinical Professor in Psychiatry, NYU Langone Medical Center Comprehensive Program in Human Sexuality
2002 - present: Clinical Supervisor, Yeshiva University, Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology. Weekly supervision of doctoral candidates' clinical work.
1990 - 1995: Instructor, Yeshiva University, Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology. Instructing doctoral level clinical psychology students in advanced psychological testing.
1987 - 1988: Adjunct Assistant Professor, Department of Psychology, Baruch College, CUNY
1985 - 1987: Instructor, Department of Psychology, Baruch College, CUNY. Full-time instructor of undergraduate courses: Small Group Process, Abnormal Behavior, Interviewing Techniques, Personal Adjustment and Growth, Introductory Psychology.
1982 - 1985: Adjunct Lecturer, Department of Psychology, Baruch College, CUNY. Instructing undergraduates in Abnormal Behavior, and Introductory Psychology.